Welcome Aboard!

Regardless if you stumbled upon this site, or were redirected here one way or another, welcome to my writing blog!

This isn't the first blog I've made. On an older email, I made my very first writing blog (http://odettewriting.blogspot.com), but for one reason or another, I haven't attended to it in some time. I have wanted to port things over to a new blog, using my current email address, for a while now, so I figured that tonight was as good a time as any.

At 1:10am.

I can't say I'm the master of good decisions.

So, first things first: What am I going to do with this blog? It's a question I've been asking myself for a while. On my other blog, I've been writing a fairly long series following this blog's namesake: the Farflung Wanderer, John Andrews, in his adventures in the universe of the video game Star Citizen. However, the problem with writing a story about a video game is that any discrepancy between the two is particularly glaring, especially to me. I have intended for some time to "remaster" Farflung Wanderer, but had intended to finish the "season" before going back. However, with the summer coming up, I will have more time than I have had in a good long while, so it makes sense to take full advantage of it.

However, remastering Farflung Wanderer, and finishing the current season, isn't all that I want to do. I've been reading through an excellent story based around XCOM: Enemy Unknown and its mod, The Long War (http://nullsignifier.blogspot.jp), and it's inspired me to try to do the same. While I am unsure as to how I'll be able to fit everything into my schedule this summer, I will at least try to get the ball rolling. More on this in time.

In the meanwhile, I want to again say welcome, and here's to the success of the blog!

Comments

Popular Posts