State of the Blog, January 2017

A new year means new projects. Welcome to 2017, everyone!

To run things through quickly:

Destiny: Work is continuing, as it always is, on the Destiny story. I don't have an exact ETA on when Episode 10 will be released, but my goal is before the end of the month. After that is another side episode, which optimistically should not take longer than a week to complete before it will be released in turn. The Luna arc is one of the shortest in the game, and thusly it's one of the shortest for me, the writer. Still, I intend to approach it with ever increasing quality. Plenty of interesting stuff happens on the Moon...

XCOM: So, this one is a bit awkward. With Long War 2 out, I've turned my mind back to XCOM. I'm not going to start writing it for a long time to come, but it's occurred to me that I will need to redo all of my work, not only to meet my new standards but to regain interest. When the time comes, the prologue will return, starting from scratch. I don't want to cover the same ground I already have, but at the same time it is difficult for me to let go of concepts such as Roswell and Kholat. More on this in the months to come.

Blog Maintenance: I have decided to not activate ad revenue, so you all won't need to worry about that. One of the bigger projects is changing how chapters are accessed. Currently, they are all listed on the left side of the page (if you are on desktop), but as more and more chapters come out, it will take up more and more room. After a while, it will become inconvenient, so I'm going to get ahead of the curve now before it becomes difficult.

Lists of chapters will now be stored on separate blog articles called "Compendiums," which will be accessible from the side bar where the chapters used to be stored. They will have summaries, hyperlinks to their corresponding chapter, and will be continually updated for convenience's sake. Expect that to be done by the end of the weekend, if not earlier.

Comments

Popular Posts