State of the Blog: Destiny, Destiny 2, and the Blog

Well, it's here. Destiny 2 has been officially released, and I can't be more excited if I tried. Come this September, a new adventure is going to begin for all of us. However, with that adventure comes new new issues to be addressed here on the blog.

I've stated it before, though I don't believe on here, that this Destiny story is a labor of love. It's practice for future writing adventures, and it's the best way for me to express my excitement and interest in the franchise. Where others make incredible videos, or create amazing cosplay, I do my best here to chronicle the entire Destiny story through the lens of Fireteam Paladin, and the three Guardians that make up its core. Even with new writing projects on the horizon, set in worlds of my creation, I have no intention of stopping the story in progress. I'm here for the long haul because this is something I love (even though the lack of feedback can get discouraging from time to time).

Which brings me to my main point - with Destiny 2's release, I hope to have the original story of Destiny completed, taking us from where the game begins outside the Cosmodrome Wall in Old Russia to its conclusion deep below Venus' surface at the Vault of Glass, where Atheon awaits. However, this leaves all of Destiny's original content packs, the Dark Below and House of Wolves, as well as its two major expansion packs, the Taken King and Rise of Iron, ahead of us. While I'm writing that, Destiny 2's story will have begun, taking us into new and fascinating places we can only glimpse at now.

So, my plan is as follows: I will continue to write the Destiny story following 2's release. However, it will switch to a biweekly update system. Where a new issue of Destiny would be published, one for Destiny 2 will take its place instead, with one exception - the first three episodes for Destiny 2 will be launched one right after the other, allowing the prologue to be out in the open and establish the baseline for where Destiny 2 will take us.

There will be some challenges to this, of course. Destiny 2 is set after Rise of Iron, and we are still far from that particular adventure. The characters are going to be in both stories, but they will be changed from their battles, experienced and ready to wage war in ways that they have yet to imagine. While trying to maintain two stories, one with characters lacking the knowledge of their veteran future selves, it's a necessity if I intend to keep pace with Destiny's ever-expanding universe.

So, I hope you'll join me for this adventure. I've not set a date exactly for when Episode I of Destiny 2 will release, but I'm planning on a week or two after 8 September. No matter when it comes out, I intend to make it the best I can, and I hope you'll enjoy the ride.

-The Farflung Wanderer

Comments? Critiques? Please post them below in the comments section!

Comments

Popular Posts